- This event has passed.
Scything Session with the 4Bs
6 August @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm BST
Thursday 6 August: after a successful first session on Sunday 2 August, there will be a second scything session with Sustainable South Brent’s 4Bs project (Brent Butterflies, Bugs and Bees) at the ‘Apple a Day Orchard’ at the Health Centre, starting at 6pm after the surgery closes.
Anyone who has their own scythe and can safely use it is welcome as well as anyone else who wants to come and watch a traditional activity taking place. There may be an opportunity for adults to learn how to scythe but this depends on the number of trained participants available and the number of people wanting to learn. You can also help in other ways such as raking up the grasses and loading into dumpy bags. Please bring your own rakes and dumpy bags if you have them. We will transport the grasses/wildflowers to the Marsh Composting Site so offers of transport would be welcome too.
- Please do not bring dogs. Children are welcome to watch but cannot participate. A first aid kit will be available on the day and first aiders will be present.
- All participants must stay at least 1m from each other at all times. If anyone has any symptoms of Covid-19, (high temperature, new and continuous cough and/or loss of sense of taste or smell) they are asked to stay away from the event and will not be allowed to participate.
- In the event of foul weather the event will be postponed.
- A risk assessment will be gone through on the day.
- Email email@example.com if you intend coming on the day to provide an idea of numbers. If you need to find us on the day call: 07950 376368