The Marsh: SSB’s composting site will remain open during lockdown on Sunday mornings from 10am-1pm. However, minimal help will be available from volunteers and a two vehicle maximum will operate…
HAVING BEEN CLOSED DURING THE FIRST PANDEMIC LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS, THE MARSH COMMUNITY COMPOSTING SITE REOPENED ON SUNDAY 7 JUNE AND WILL REMAIN OPEN ON SUNDAYS FROM 10AM-1PM DURING THE SECOND LOCKDOWN FROM 5 NOVEMBER – 2 DECEMBER 2020.
During this period:
- The Marsh is open for garden waste deliveries throughout lockdown as long as sufficient volunteers are available
- The number of vehicles on site will be controlled by the volunteers.
- No parking on the main road will be permitted while waiting for entry into the site
- A volunteer will be stationed at the entrance in order to control entry on to the site.
- Social distancing must be observed on the site therefore minimal help can be offered for unloading garden waste or loading compost.
- Compost may be purchased if it is available. Please continue to have the correct money ready (£1 per bag) to put into a cash box as volunteers will not handle any cash or give change. We will ask you for your name and post code as usual
The site, at the old Highways depot on Exeter Road (otherwise known as the Marsh), will accept bulky garden waste and produce compost for local collection and use.
- Soft Green waste material you can cut with mower or clippers
- Twiggy brushwood material that can be cut with loppers, saw or power tools
- Large branches material that came from a plant larger than you!
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- stumps, vines, bamboo, Japanese knotweed or any other materials whatsoever
Sunday mornings from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.