The Marsh composting site will reopen from 7 June on Sunday mornings from 10am-1pm. However, in order to maintain social distancing and ensure the safety of customers and volunteers, twelve…
HAVING BEEN CLOSED DURING PANDEMIC LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS, THE MARSH COMMUNITY COMPOSTING SITE REOPENED ON SUNDAY 7 JUNE.
Throughout June, a ticketing system has operated to help manage the numbers wanting to access the site. This worked well, and
FROM SUNDAY 5 JULY, TICKETS WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE SITE, BUT THE THREE VEHICLE MAXIMUM WILL CONTINUE
- We are retaining the maximum of THREE vehicles to be permitted on the site at any time to avoid overcrowding. You may be asked to wait before you can enter.
- Some assistance with unloading garden waste or loading compost will be available. Social distancing restrictions will apply.
- A volunteer will be at the roadside as soon as there are three vehicles on site so that any further vehicles are turned away or asked to park at the left hand side of the track down to the Marsh site beyond the main gate.
- If you are wanting to take compost, please continue to have the correct money ready (£1 per bag) to put into a cash box as volunteers will not handle any cash or give change. We will ask you for your name and post code as usual;
The site, at the old Highways depot on Exeter Road (otherwise known as the Marsh), will accept bulky garden waste and produce compost for local collection and use.
Compost is available in a 10kg bag for a £1 donation.
- Soft Green waste material you can cut with mower or clippers
- Twiggy brushwood material that can be cut with loppers, saw or power tools
- Large branches material that came from a plant larger than you!
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- stumps, vines, bamboo, Japanese knotweed or any other materials whatsoever
Sunday mornings from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.